How to Record and Download YouTube Videos. Watch Offline
YouTube is all the rage – but unfortunately, YouTube doesn't give you a way to watch YouTube streaming videos offline without WiFi – or save YouTube videos to watch later.
So, how can you download YouTube streaming videos? Read on, we'll tell you how you can record YouTube videos as .mp4 files. You will be able to
easily move your .mp4 recordings to any device to watch any time even offline.
Option 1. Record YouTube with the PlayOn Cloud Mobile Streaming DVR App
PlayOn Cloud for iOS and Android devices is a mobile app that lets you record and download from streaming services like YouTube and more. Initiate recordings from your mobile device from anywhere and we'll notify you when your YouTube recording is complete. Recordings will be temporarily stored in a complimentary cloud "locker" and available for download from anywhere on any device.
Just install the app from Google Play or the App Store, browse to the show you want to record on YouTube , and click on record. The app is free to install all you pay is a low per-recording fee.
» Learn more about PlayOn Cloud.
Option 2. Record YouTube with PlayOn Desktop on your PC
PlayOn Desktop is software for your PC that acts as a streaming DVR (SVR) and media server in one. It lets you record any YouTube video you'd like – it's similar to how a DVR works for your TV. YouTube videos are recorded and saved as .mp4 files to the hard drive on your PC. You will be able to easily move your .mp4 recordings to any device to watch any time – even offline. Plus you can even cast YouTube recordings to your TV.
Record shows and movies from YouTube in just 2 easy steps.
- STEP 1 Download and install PlayOn.Download PlayOn for Windows, hit “Save File” then click on the PlayOn.exe file to install it. Follow the installation instructions and you’ll be recording YouTube videos in moments.
- STEP 2 Find the streaming YouTube video you want to record and hit the Record button.Just type the streaming show or movie you want in the search bar or browse the YouTube channel to find the titles you wish to record. Click on the title you want and hit the Record button.
That's it! You are recording YouTube. You can add more titles to your queue at any time.
Now you can use your PC to do whatever you like and PlayOn will make the recording in the background. When the recording is complete – you will receive a notification.
Once you have recorded your YouTube video, you can also:
- Download your YouTube movie or show to your iPad or iPhone through the send to iTunes button. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the iTunes store).
- Download your YouTube video to any Android device or other PC by moving it from the Windows File Explorer directory. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the Google Play store).
- Watch your YouTube recording on your TV by clicking Cast from the PlayOn PC console (if you have a streaming device).
- Watch your recording from the free PlayOn channel on your Roku. It is an .mp4 file for you to watch whenever and wherever you want.
Get PlayOn Desktop