How to Download and Watch Hulu Movies Offline
Streamers love Hulu – but unfortunately, Hulu doesn't give you a way to watch Hulu shows and movies offline without WiFi – or save Hulu shows to watch after they have "expired" ( removed from Hulu).
So, how can you download Hulu series and movies to watch offline?
Option 1. Record Hulu with the PlayOn Cloud Mobile Streaming DVR App
The newly launched PlayOn Cloud for iOS and Android devices is a mobile app that lets you record and download from streaming services like Hulu. Initiate recordings from your mobile device from anywhere and we'll notify you when your Hulu recording is complete. Recordings will be temporarily stored in a complimentary cloud “locker” and available for download from anywhere on any device.
Just install the app from Google Play or the App Store, browse to the show you want to record on Hulu, and click on record. The app is free to install all you pay is a low per-recording fee.
» Learn more about PlayOn Cloud.
Option 2. Record Hulu with PlayOn Desktop on your PC
PlayOn Desktop is software for your PC that acts as a streaming DVR (SVR) and media server in one. It lets you record streaming video like Hulu shows and movies – it's similar to how a DVR works for your TV. Hulu videos are recorded and saved as .mp4 files to the hard drive on your PC. You will be able to easily move your .mp4 recordings to any device to watch any time – even offline. You'll even be able to record and download all episodes of top-rated Hulu shows with just one click, or tell PlayOn to automatically download new Hulu series episodes as they come online. Plus you can even cast recordings to your TV.Download shows and movies from Hulu in just 3 easy steps.
- STEP 1 Download and install PlayOn.Download PlayOn for Windows, hit “Save File” then click on the PlayOn.exe file to install it. Follow the installation instructions and you’ll be recording Hulu videos in moments.
STEP 2 Enter your Hulu Username and Password.
Click on the Channels tab and click into the Hulu channel. You will be instructed to Open Settings.
This is where you enter your Hulu Email and Password. PlayOn securely stores your account information. Hit Apply and OK to close out.
- STEP 3 Find the streaming Hulu show or movie you want to record and hit the Record button.Just type the streaming show or movie you want in the search bar or browse the Hulu channel to find the titles you are interested in recording. Click on the title you want and hit the Record button.
That's it! You are recording Hulu. You can add more titles to your Queue at any time.
Now you can use your PC to do whatever you like and PlayOn will make the recording in the background. When the recording is complete – you will receive a notification.
Once you have recorded your Hulu video, you can also:
- Download your Hulu movie or show to your iPad or iPhone through the send to iTunes button. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the iTunes store).
- Download your Hulu video to any Android device or other PC by moving it from the Windows File Explorer directory. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the Google Play store).
- Watch your Hulu recording on your TV by clicking Cast from the PlayOn PC console (if you have a streaming device).
- Watch your recording from the free PlayOn channel on your Roku. It is essentially an .mp4 file for you to watch whenever and wherever you want.
Get PlayOn Desktop