How to Record, Download and Watch Amazon Video Offline
We all love Amazon Video, but how come you can download some videos but not others? How can you download any Amazon video to watch offline without WiFi – or save them to watch after they have "expired" (or your rental ended)? Read on, we will show you how to download videos from Amazon Video to watch offline in just a few easy steps.
Option 1. Record Amazon Video with the PlayOn Cloud Mobile Streaming DVR App
The PlayOn Cloud for iOS and Android devices is a mobile app that lets you record and download from streaming services like Amazon Video. Initiate recordings from your mobile device from anywhere and we'll notify you when your Amazon Video recording is complete. Recordings will be temporarily stored in a complimentary cloud “locker” and available for download from anywhere on any device.
Just install the app from Google Play or the App Store, browse to the show you want to record on Amazon Video, and click on record. The app is free to install all you pay is a low per-recording fee.
» Learn more about PlayOn Cloud.
Option 2. Record Amazon Video with PlayOn Desktop on your PC
PlayOn Desktop is a streaming video recorder that lets you record any streaming video from Amazon Video (and hundreds of other streaming sites) from your PC – it's similar to how a DVR works for your TV. Amazon videos are recorded and saved as .mp4 files to the hard drive on your PC computer. You can then easily cast/stream to your TV using a variety of streaming devices or a gaming console. You will be able to easily move your .mp4 recordings to any device to watch any time – even offline.
Record Amazon shows and movies in just 3 easy steps.
- STEP 1 Download and install PlayOn.Download PlayOn for Windows, hit “Save File” then click on the PlayOn.exe file to install it. Follow the installation instructions and you’ll be recording Amazon videos in moments.
STEP 2 Enter your Amazon Email and Password.
Click on the Channels tab and click on the Amazon channel. You will be instructed to Open Settings.
This is where you enter your Amazon Email and Password. PlayOn securely stores your account information. Hit Apply and OK to close out.
- STEP 3 Find the streaming Amazon show or movie you want to record and hit the Record button.Just type the streaming show or movie you want in the search bar or browse the Amazon channel to find the titles you are interested in recording. Click on the title you want and hit the Record button.
That's it! You are recording Amazon. You can add more titles to your Queue at any time.
Now you can use your PC to do whatever you like and PlayOn will make the recording in the background. When the recording is complete – you will receive a notification.
Once you have recorded your Amazon video, you can also:
- Download your Amazon movie or show to your iPad or iPhone through the send to iTunes button. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the iTunes store).
- Download your Amazon video to any Android device or other PC by moving it from the Windows File Explorer directory. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the Google Play store).
- Watch your Amazon recording on your TV by clicking Cast from the PlayOn PC console (if you have a streaming device).
- Watch your recording from the free PlayOn channel on your Roku. It is essentially an .mp4 file for you to watch whenever and wherever you want.
Get PlayOn Desktop