How to Record, Download and Watch Netflix Movies For Streaming Offline
Who doesn't love Netflix? Between original Netflix shows, classic movies, and new movies, you'll never run out of things to watch. What we don't love though, is how regularly Netflix removes titles before you have a chance to have a proper binge watching session. And even if it happens to be a title that Netflix does allow you to download — those downloads expire too! This is where PlayOn comes in. With PlayOn, you can download and watch ANY Netflix video offline without Wi-Fi – and save them to watch anytime even after they have "expired" (been removed) from Netflix. The best part is, your PlayOn downloads will never expire and you can watch them on your laptop, tablet, mobile device, and even your TV. So, how can you download any Netflix movie or show?
Option 1. Record Netflix with the PlayOn Cloud Mobile Streaming DVR App
The PlayOn Cloud for iOS and Android devices is a mobile app that lets you record and download from streaming services like Netflix. Initiate recordings from your mobile device from anywhere and we'll notify you when your Netflix recording is complete. Recordings will be temporarily stored in a complimentary cloud “locker” and available for download from anywhere on any device.
Just install the app from Google Play or the App Store, browse to the show you want to record on Netflix, and click on record. The app is free to install all you pay is a low per-recording fee.
» Learn more about PlayOn Cloud.
Option 2. Record Netflix with PlayOn Desktop on your PC
PlayOn Desktop is a streaming video recorder that lets you record any streaming video from Netflix (and hundreds of other streaming sites) from your PC – it's similar to how a DVR works for your TV. Netflix videos are recorded and saved as .mp4 files to the hard drive on your PC computer. You can then easily cast/stream to your TV using a variety of streaming devices or a gaming console. You will be able to easily move your .mp4 recordings to any device to watch any time – even offline.
- STEP 1 Download and install PlayOn.Download PlayOn for Windows, hit “Save File” then click on the PlayOn.exe file to install it. Follow the installation instructions and you’ll be recording Netflix videos in moments.
- STEP 2 Enter your Netflix Email and Password.Click on the Channels tab at the top then click into the Netflix channel. You will be instructed to Open Settings.
This is where you enter your Netflix email and password. PlayOn securely stores your account information. Hit Apply and OK to close out.
- STEP 3 Find the Netflix show or movie you want to record and hit the Record button.Just type the streaming show you want in the search bar or browse the Netflix channel to find the titles you are interested in recording. Click on the title you want and hit the Record button.
That's it! You are recording Netflix. You can add more titles to your queue at any time.
Now you can use your PC to do whatever you like and PlayOn will make the recording in the background. When the recording is complete – you will receive a notification.
Once you have recorded your Netflix video, you can also:
- Download your Netflix movie or show to your iPad or iPhone through the send to iTunes button. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the iTunes store).
- Download your Netflix video to any Android device or other PC by moving it from the Windows File Explorer directory. Watch ad-free with the PlayOn Mobile app (get it free in the Google Play store).
- Watch your Netflix recording on your TV by clicking Cast from the PlayOn PC console (if you have a streaming device).
- Watch your recording from the free PlayOn channel on your Roku. It is essentially an .mp4 file for you to watch whenever and wherever you want.
Now – you'll never miss a title again when it leaves Netflix. And – if you want to see what's leaving soon – check out What's Leaving Netflix.
Get PlayOn Desktop