Give PlayMark a Shot! Here’s How to Get Started
June 14, 2013 | Tracy's Blog
PlayMark is the new browser extension we told you about a couple of days ago. PlayMark lets you easily mark online videos and send them through PlayOn right to your TV. We wanted to take a quick opportunity to show you just how easy it is:
1) Enable PlayMark in your PlayOn Settings.
2) Select a browser. You can hook up PlayMark with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
3) Find a cool video that you want to stream to your TV. Whether it’s YouTube, Funny or Die or your best friend’s blog – nearly any video on any site (as long as it's in Flash, Silverlight, or HTML5) will work.
4) Mark your video. Right click on the web page that contains the video and select “PlayMark” to launch the PlayMark app. (If you use Opera, PlayMark will be installed as an icon in your toolbar.)
5) Send the video to your TV. If you have a Digital Media Renderer (DMR) device like a Roku or Xbox, you can send the video straight to your TV. Just select “save and send to TV." from PlayMark.
6) Watch the video on your TV! PlayMarked videos can be found in the PlayMark channel on PlayOn.
Tips to remember:
- You’ll need to update to the latest version of PlayOn to use PlayMark.
- If you use the Opera browser, you can access PlayMark as a toolbar button rather than using right-click.
- PlayMark works with videos (in the Flash, Silverlight, and HTML5 format) from any website – even those that are online only! We recommend checking out sites like YouTube, MySpace.com, Break.com, UStream and Justin.tv. You can even check out your local news stations to see what clips they’re streaming online.
- PlayMark is in beta, which means we want to hear from you. Your feedback will help us make PlayMark the best it can be. Find a site that doesn’t play nice with PlayMark? Is there a feature that you really love? Tell us at email@example.com.
So – go try it out, enjoy, and let us know what you think! As always, you can reach us on Facebook, Twitter or via email.