If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy at MediaMall Technologies, you should first contact our Privacy Office via email at email@example.com.
About MediaMall Technologies and the information we collect
Your Personally Identifiable Information:
- Our blog, forum, newsletter, and trial registration forms require you to give us certain information such as your name, email address and password. You may always choose not to provide such Personally Identifiable Information; however, this may limit our ability to provide you with a specific service or particular content. At any time, you may choose to opt-out of the receipt of any promotional communications by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each e-mail and following the instructions.
- You may also enter usernames and passwords for use to access your accounts on other services via PlayOn and PlayLater (Hulu, Netflix, and YouTube, as examples).
- If you place an order for one of our products, you may be required to enter your credit card number and information, as well as your address and/or other contact information.Our credit card transaction data is processed and stored by PayPal, TrialPay and Litle please see the section on security for more information.
MediaMall Technologies wants to optimize your experience by ensuring that the most relevant information, searches and offers are displayed to you while using the Site. A common manner in which to do this is by placing cookies on your computer. Cookies are strings of text and numbers that can identify your computer to us when you visit the Site, and which may be correlated with your Personally Identifiable Information in our log files.
User Names and Passwords to Third-Party Sites:
Any passwords to third-party sites that you provide will be stored encrypted on your local PC, and will only be used in secure channel communication with the respective sites. We will never ask for your login information to third-party sites, nor will this information be sent to our servers.
Our software sends installation tracking to our servers, which is used to calculate the raw total numbers of licensed and trial installations of our products. License keys for licensed installations are also validated by our server.
Support requests send a copy of diagnostic logs that enable us to assess the problem you are having. These logs contain binary data about your PlayOn and PlayLater installation. The information in these logs includes:
- PC information: operating system version, CPU, RAM, free HDD space, security software status, etc.
- Basic UPnP communication information with the DLNA device(s).
- Video playback attempts and their timestamps, as well as playback status (errors, serve rates, etc.).
- Usernames for Netflix and Hulu accounts (not the respective passwords)
Without this information, we cannot support your PlayOn or PlayLater installation.
Use of Information
Use of Personally Identifiable Information by MediaMall Technologies:
- We use the collected Personally Identifiable Information to verify you and to contact you in connection with your transactions, postings and other activities on the Site, to send you product updates and announcements and for general corporate communications.
- MMT uses your Personally Identifiable Information to help us provide you with personalized content, advertising, and commercial messages (collectively, "Content").
- MMT does not sell, share or otherwise provide any "Personally Identifiable Information" you give to us unless required by law, court order or as required to technically operate the service, or to complete a transaction or order.
- MMT does reserve the right to share your Personally Identifiable Information with its parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities.
When We May Disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information, MMT Communications Content, Data and Information:
MMT may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information or the contents of your private communications if required to do so by law or court order. Your Personally Identifiable Information may also be disclosed if necessary in order to complete a transaction such as the fulfillment of an order or purchase placed by you.
MMT will in no way disclose the contents of your MMT communications other than to the intended recipient(s) unless required (1) by law or court order, (2) to protect MMT's rights and property, (3) to protect against unauthorized use of the Site or Service, and (4) during emergencies such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk.
It is possible that as we continue to develop the PlayOn and PlayLater Service and business, MMT and/or related assets may be acquired. In such a transaction, customer information may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
This site has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and integrity of the information under our control.
Our credit card transaction data is processed and stored by PayPal, TrialPay and Litle – third party websites with their own stringent privacy policies. To review PayPal's privacy policies, please visit http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_privacy-outside. To review TrialPay's privacy policies, please visit http://www.trialpay.com/privacypolicy/. To review Litle's privacy policies, please visit http://www.litle.com/about-us/privacy-policy
Compromise of Personal Information
Other Websites or Links
This Website contains hyperlinks to other websites. MMT is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
You may elect not to receive future communications from MMT or to discontinue use of our Service.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to our customers or web site Users, via e-mail notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on the relevant MMT website or as determined by us in our sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our customers or web site Users.
Changes to this Policy
Please include MMT Privacy in your subject line.