» How To Download PlayOn Cloud
You'll need to install the PlayOn Cloud app on your tablet or phone. Please visit the App Store (for your iPhone or iPad device) or the Google Play store (for your Android device) and search for PlayOn Cloud. Or, follow instructions for downloading the app that have been provided to you by your service provider.
» How To Record Your First Episode
Note: Making your first recording does not use data.
- Click on the PlayOn Cloud icon on your phone or tablet.
- Select a channel from the Channels tab to browse or search for a show or movie to record.
Please note you do need to an active account to access content from subscription streaming services such as Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon, etc. Just enter your credential when prompted.
- Once you've found a show or movie, just click on the title to see the details screen, then click the Record button. For TV shows, you may easily record all the espisodes in a season by clicking on Record All in the upper right on the seasons listings screen.
- Your first episode is now recording in the cloud. Repeat the steps above for each video you'd like to record.
- While your videos are being recorded, you should follow the instructions below to set up auto-download and enter any credentials you have for the paid streaming channels.
» How To Schedule Auto-Downloads During Off-Peak Hours
Downloading uses data, so schedule it to happen in off-peak hours.
- In the PlayOn Cloud App, click the Settings tab then on Download Options.
- Enable Auto-download on WiFi by clicking on the toggle button so it turns green.
- Enable the Restrict download to off-peak mode. You will then be able to enter your off-peak hours. Click the back arrow in the upper-left corner at the top of the screen to return to Settings.
Tip: Make sure your phone is on your Wi-Fi network and that the PlayOn Cloud app is open during your off-peak window. Also, be sure that you have enough storage space on your device to store your recordings — a 30-minute show may take up 250–400MB.
» How To Enter Your Streaming Channel Credentials
- Let's use Netflix as an example. In the PlayOn Cloud app, on the Channels screen, select Netflix.
- Enter your Netflix Username and Password when prompted.
- Click Sign In
- Follow the steps above for each channel you have credentials for. Alternatively, go to the Settings tab and click on Channel Settings, then enter your channel credentials for one or more channels.
» How To Watch Your Recordings
- If you have enabled the auto-download mode in the previous step, recordings will automatically be added to your device when they are completed.
- Click on the Recordings tab (along the bottom of the screen) and then click the Device mode (at the top of the screen) to see the list of recordings that have been downloaded. Click on your recording.
- Hit the play button and enjoy!
» How To Stream To Your TV
- You will need a Roku, Chromecast, FireTV or Apple TV to watch PlayOn Cloud recordings on your TV.
- Once you have a recording downloaded to your device, go to the Recordings tab (located at the bottom of the screen), then click on Device (located at the top of the screen). Click on the recording you'd like to cast and you should see a Cast icon as long as your casting device is running on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device.
- Click on the Cast icon and watch your TV come to life!
» How To Transfer Videos From Your Phone Or Tablet To Your Computer
From iOS to your Mac/PC.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
- Click your device in iTunes.
- In the left sidebar, click File Sharing.
- Select the PlayOn Cloud app in the Apps box to see the recordings on your device.
- Highlight the recordings you want to copy to your computer and then click on the Save button.
From Android to your computer:
- Connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open File Explorer and look for your device (it should show up as an external drive).
- Search for the following folder: com.playonrecorder.cloudapp (most commonly in this location – this PC\DEVICE NAME\Internal storage\Android\media).
- Copy recording files from that folder to a folder on your PC's hard drive.
- Download and install an official Google program called Android File Transfer. To use the program, your Mac must be running OS X 10.5 or later.
- plug your phone into your computer, turn on your phone's screen and unlock the device, and then look for a USB status notification (it'll probably tell you your phone is connected only for charging).
- Tap the notification and select Transfer files or File transfer.
- The Android File Transfer program should then automatically open on your Mac, and you should be able to browse your phone's storage and transfer files to your Mac.
» How To Download PlayOn Cloud Recording From Any Computer
You can download PlayOn Cloud recordings stored in the cloud to any computer by emailing yourself a link to the recording.
- Open up PlayOn Cloud and go to Recordings > Cloud. Click on the video you'd like to download. Click on the mail icon this will send you an email containing the download link to the email address associated with your account.
- Open up your email and click on the download link. A web browser window will open prompting you to log in with your PlayOn cloud email and password.
- Find your PlayOn recording to download it to your PC or any device.
You can also click on the link to Click here to view and download all your recordings
to see and download all of the recordings you have stored in the cloud.
» What If I Have Problems
Problems are no problem at PlayOn. Just shoot us an email email@example.com
and let us know what's going on and we'll get you up and running!