Mar. 12, 2014
Yup...that's right. Rdio has been added to the lineup of cool plugins available at the PlayOn Plugin Channel Store.
'Your personal jukebox. No quarters necessary.
Play what you want, when you want, from millions of hits and classic albums — or turn on a station for a perfect mix of songs. Feeling social? Follow friends and artists to see what they're playing.'
Aside from being an awesome music service, Rdio being available via PlayOn is cool for a number of reasons...The native Rdio Roku channel requires a 9.99 monthly subscription to listen but you can use PlayOn at your Roku to connect to your free Rdio account...no paid subscription required.
And there are also advantages of using PlayOn to connect to Rdio on mobile devices - While you can listen to "stations" free on mobile devices using the official Rdio app, playlists and full albums are only available with a Premium account.
Using PlayOn and the Rdio plugin, however, makes it possible to listen to full albums along with any of the playlists you have created on your PC...with a FREE Rdio account!
What are you listening to?
Get the Rdio plugin hereShareThis
Feb. 7, 2014
The 2014 Winter Olympics, officially the XXII Olympic Winter Games, have kicked off in Sochi, Russia.
Now that the live streams are available online, our team is hard at work building a plugin for the PlayOn Plugin Channel Store.
In the meantime, you can stil watch your favorites events live at your TV or mobile device using PlayOn.
Just be sure you have the PlayOn browser extension installed and browse here:
You can also find more videos here (replays and highlights): http://www.nbcolympics.com/video
- Play the video (you'll have to log in with a cable provider to watch the live stream and full event replays)
- Click on the PlayOn browser button
- In the PlayMark window that opens, verify the video is playing (and crop if you like)
- Click Next and then choose whether to 'Save' or 'PlayCast To' your TV. If you have PlayLater installed and running, you will also be presented with the option to record.
If you have any trouble, please try this:
- Stop the PlayOn server
- Hold SHIFT+ALT while starting the server again
- In the Internet Explorer window that opens, browse here: http://stream.nbcolympics.com
Choose a video - Are you prompted to log in? If so, log in and play the video.
Close IE, re-open your browser and try again to save or cast the video.
Feb. 6, 2014
Any music lovers out there? Check out this cool site
Live From Daryl's House
Some truly remarkable performances, and it works great with PlayMark and PlayCast! Just be sure to click on "Play Full Show" after selecting an episode...and then cast away...or record each week's new episode to watch whenever you like.
Dec. 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing some of your favorite holiday favorites with us. Here are a few of our own. Watch via PlayOn or record using PlayLater.
It's a Wonderful Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frXklECPkD0
A Christmas Carol (1951): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNKe1cGucY
A Christmas Carol (1984, George C Scott): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvdMjXhPGd0
Classic Disney Christmas Collection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-EWiwySjE
Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOUFMmprpLI
Are You Being Served Christmas Special (1976): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOUFMmprpLI
Miracle on 34th Street (1947): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Ch6ivXHJo
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: Netflix and Amazon Prime
Bah HumDuck - A Looney Toons Christmas!: Netflix
The Polar Express: Netflix
White Christmas: Netflix
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Netflix
Santa Claus The Movie: Netflix
Jack Frost (animated): Amazon Prime
The Legend of Frosty the Snowman: Hulu (free)
Scrooged: Amazon PrimeShareThis
Dec. 3, 2013
So you've got an HD PlayOn or PlayLater license (or both!). Here's an HD primer to get you started!
Here are just a few of our favorite YouTube channels with HD videos. All you need to do is subscribe to the channel or add specific videos to a playlist under your YouTube user account.
- NPR Music channel - NPR live sessions
- Documentary HD channel- Some cool documentaries in HD
- KEXP channel - KEXP radio live performances from some amazing musicians in HD
- The Black Cab Sessions - intimate music performances in the back of a black cab
- A channel filled with cool animations by Patrick Boivine - this guy is super talented!
Random favorite videos (you can add specific videos to a playlist under your YouTube user account):
- Dragon Baby
- At-At Day Afternoon
- Austin City Limits full-length concerts in HD
- Videos from the Discovery channel
- Mumford & Sons Live
Getting smart has never looked so good! American Experience, Austin City Limits and Nova are a few of our favorites (check out a recent episode of Austin City Limits for an excellent performance by Jim James of My Morning Jacket! New episodes are available each week, but they aren't available long - record in HD using PlayLater before they expire!)
And, if last year is any indication, the 4th season of Downton Abbey should be available to stream free (!) for a limited time - that means you should be able to watch in HD using PlayOn or record using PlayLater before they expire.
MTV & VH1
Watch popular shows like Awkward in HD using PlayOn (or record to watch on the go). And don't forget Behind the Music Remastered from VH1 - Everything you wanted to know about the dudes from Motorhead - in HD!
Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Damages, Falling Skies, Sons of Anarchy and Downton Abbey available to watch or record in HD (we're thinking snowy weekend marathons!)...record now and watch apres ski sans internet ;)
If you haven't already, sign up for a free trial of Hulu Plus and use PlayLater to record full seasons of your favorite shows in HD and watch on any of your devices whenever you like...at home or on the go!
Vimeo is a recent addition to the PlayOn channel lineup and just in time! Some truly amazing HD videos are available. Set up a free Vimeo account and add your credentials to PlayOn and/or PlayLater Settings to follow your favorite HD channels or "like" specific videos.
I'm a hopeless romantic - this is one of my personal favorites: A Short Love Story in Stop Motion.
OR you can also select Categories and then HD and browse hundreds of HD-only channels (literally thousands of amazing HD videos).ShareThis
Oct. 31, 2013
Happy Halloween fellow streamers! I've been working over the last week on assembling a list of some of my favorite scary movies and TV shows...With a little help from Mrs. Channel Master and our little PlayOn minions, we think we've come up with a pretty cool list to suit a variety of tastes (and stomachs). Watch with PlayOn or record with PlayLater to save for a weekend screamfest!
And, as a special treat we have added a new plugin to the PlayOn Plugin Channel Store just in time to enjoy for Halloween - Just like being at a 70's drive-in theater, without the speakers attached to your car door...Campy goodness from CreepyFlicks.com
For the Grown Ups
- Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2 - Crackle, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Night of the Living Dead - Crackle, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Nosferatu - Amazon Prime
- Hellraiser - Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Supernatural - Netflix (prior seasons), TheCW (current season)
- American Horror Story - Netflix, Amazon Prime (prior seasons), Amazon VOD (current season)
- Psycho - Netflix
- Poltergeist - Amazon Prime
- The Gate - Amazon Prime
- An American Werewolf in London - Amazon Prime
- The Exorcist - Amazon VOD
- Re-Animator - Netflix and Amazon Prime
- The Night Stalker(Classic Series) - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hammerheadx1
- The House on Haunted Hill (1959) - Hulu
- The Shining - Amazon VOD
- The Cabin in the Woods - Amazon Prime and Netflix
- Repulsion - Hulu
For the Entire Family
- The Watcher in the Woods - YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DekRxRmjU
- Scooby Doo - KidsWB
- The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror - Hulu
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Netflix
- Goosebumps - Netflix
- R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour - Amazon Prime
- Casper and Friends - Hulu
- The Addams Family (classic) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?filters=long&search_query=the+addams+fami...
- Beetlejuice - Amazon Prime
- Ghostbusters - Netflix
- The Witches - Amazon Prime
- The Worst Witch - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkVcd7SbTw
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01P316lFXII
- Halloween is Grinch Night - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSEkwRCQPM
Oct. 21, 2013
We've added several cool new plugins over the last couple of weeks. Be sure to stop by the Channel Store to check them out....and, as always, free to download!
PopCorn Flix: Popcornflix was created for people who want to watch "Great Movies. Free." Popcornflix has full-length movies that will make you laugh, make you cry, scare the heck out of you, or inspire you to hug the person you love.
Daily Motion: Dailymotion is one of the leading sites for sharing videos over the Internet.
Twitch.tv: Twitch is the world’s largest video platform and community for gamers.
Machinima: The Dominant Video Entertainment Network for Gamers
CBC: Canada's national public radio and television broadcaster. Includes television shows, news, and sports programming. Programming available only in Canada
Stay tuned - More exciting content on the way!
Oct. 2, 2013
Has anyone checked out the new TargetTicket service? It looks pretty cool so far.
I've been testing over the last couple of days and it turns out you can use PlayMark to watch videos from TargetTicket.com at your TV or mobile device...Or record those videos with PlayLater!
With a bit of patience, touch of magic...and some secret sauce - you can be watching or recording your favorite videos from TargetTicket.com in no time :)
- Stop the PlayOn server
- Hold SHIFT+ALT while starting the server again
- In the Internet Explorer window that opens, browse to TargetTicket.com
- Log in and play a video
- Close this IE window
- Now, launch IE (normally) and browse to TargetTicket.com
- Click on My Library
- Play a video.
- Click on the PlayMark button
Now you'll see the PlayMark window open with a message indicating "analyzing" followed by a message indicating there were no videos detected.
Click on next and you should now be able to select the video again in the PlayMark window. This time the video should be detected and play in the PlayMark window. Crop the video, click next and then choose to "save", "save & send to", or "save and record"...
That's all there is to it...As always, if you have any trouble just let us know. We are happy to help...Providing solutions and spreading the media streaming love - that's what we're all about!
Sep. 21, 2013
Many of you have asked about shows like White Collar from USA Network. Leading up to the premiere of a new season, USA generally makes the entire previous season available to stream free at Hulu...and White Collar is no exception.
For a limited time, season 4 is available to stream free in its entirety. And it's web only so it's not available using Hulu Plus - but you can watch on your TV or on your mobile device using PlayOn. Or use PlayLater to record the series before it expires. Happy streaming!
Sep. 10, 2013
Introducing PlayOn’s Show Finder: Find Your Favorite TV Shows and Movies on PlayOn!
A couple weeks ago, we asked you to challenge us to find your favorite TV shows, movies and clips to watch via PlayOn. You rose to the challenge and we had hundreds of requests for shows ranging from classics (I Love Lucy) to current staples (Breaking Bad)! I enjoyed telling you all how to watch your favorite shows and movies on PlayOn. I enjoyed it so much we decided to put my knowledge of where to find shows into an awesome new feature on our website – The Show Finder. Show Finder gives YOU the ability to search for your favorite TV shows, movies and video clips to watch on PlayOn. It cuts out the middleman (me) and puts the power in your hands.
We’ve spent quite a bit of time compiling this database of TV shows, movies and clips and categorizing what PlayOn channels you can use to access them. If you come across a show that is not in the database, let us know and we’ll keep an eye out for it. We hope you find this new feature as helpful as we do! How to use our Show Finder:
- Go to http://www.playon.tv/showfinder.
- Type in the name of the TV, movie or video clip you are searching for.
- A list of PlayOn channels will appear where you can find that TV show/movie.
- If a show or movie is not available, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to find it for you.
That’s it! Super easy to use and helpful beyond belief when you want to watch something specific on PlayOn. So what do you think? Will you use the PlayOn Show Finder? Let us know your thoughts, questions and comments on Facebook and Twitter, or by email.ShareThis