Oct. 31, 2013
Happy Halloween fellow streamers! I've been working over the last week on assembling a list of some of my favorite scary movies and TV shows...With a little help from Mrs. Channel Master and our little PlayOn minions, we think we've come up with a pretty cool list to suit a variety of tastes (and stomachs). Watch with PlayOn or record with PlayLater to save for a weekend screamfest!
And, as a special treat we have added a new plugin to the PlayOn Plugin Channel Store just in time to enjoy for Halloween - Just like being at a 70's drive-in theater, without the speakers attached to your car door...Campy goodness from CreepyFlicks.com
For the Grown Ups
- Evil Dead & Evil Dead 2 - Crackle, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Night of the Living Dead - Crackle, Hulu, Amazon Prime
- Nosferatu - Amazon Prime
- Hellraiser - Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Supernatural - Netflix (prior seasons), TheCW (current season)
- American Horror Story - Netflix, Amazon Prime (prior seasons), Amazon VOD (current season)
- Psycho - Netflix
- Poltergeist - Amazon Prime
- The Gate - Amazon Prime
- An American Werewolf in London - Amazon Prime
- The Exorcist - Amazon VOD
- Re-Animator - Netflix and Amazon Prime
- The Night Stalker(Classic Series) - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hammerheadx1
- The House on Haunted Hill (1959) - Hulu
- The Shining - Amazon VOD
- The Cabin in the Woods - Amazon Prime and Netflix
- Repulsion - Hulu
For the Entire Family
- The Watcher in the Woods - YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DekRxRmjU
- Scooby Doo - KidsWB
- The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror - Hulu
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Netflix
- Goosebumps - Netflix
- R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour - Amazon Prime
- Casper and Friends - Hulu
- The Addams Family (classic) - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?filters=long&search_query=the+addams+fami...
- Beetlejuice - Amazon Prime
- Ghostbusters - Netflix
- The Witches - Amazon Prime
- The Worst Witch - YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUkVcd7SbTw
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01P316lFXII
- Halloween is Grinch Night - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygSEkwRCQPM
Oct. 21, 2013
We've added several cool new plugins over the last couple of weeks. Be sure to stop by the Channel Store to check them out....and, as always, free to download!
PopCorn Flix: Popcornflix was created for people who want to watch "Great Movies. Free." Popcornflix has full-length movies that will make you laugh, make you cry, scare the heck out of you, or inspire you to hug the person you love.
Daily Motion: Dailymotion is one of the leading sites for sharing videos over the Internet.
Twitch.tv: Twitch is the world’s largest video platform and community for gamers.
Machinima: The Dominant Video Entertainment Network for Gamers
CBC: Canada's national public radio and television broadcaster. Includes television shows, news, and sports programming. Programming available only in Canada
Stay tuned - More exciting content on the way!
Oct. 2, 2013
Has anyone checked out the new TargetTicket service? It looks pretty cool so far.
I've been testing over the last couple of days and it turns out you can use PlayMark to watch videos from TargetTicket.com at your TV or mobile device...Or record those videos with PlayLater!
With a bit of patience, touch of magic...and some secret sauce - you can be watching or recording your favorite videos from TargetTicket.com in no time :)
- Stop the PlayOn server
- Hold SHIFT+ALT while starting the server again
- In the Internet Explorer window that opens, browse to TargetTicket.com
- Log in and play a video
- Close this IE window
- Now, launch IE (normally) and browse to TargetTicket.com
- Click on My Library
- Play a video.
- Click on the PlayMark button
Now you'll see the PlayMark window open with a message indicating "analyzing" followed by a message indicating there were no videos detected.
Click on next and you should now be able to select the video again in the PlayMark window. This time the video should be detected and play in the PlayMark window. Crop the video, click next and then choose to "save", "save & send to", or "save and record"...
That's all there is to it...As always, if you have any trouble just let us know. We are happy to help...Providing solutions and spreading the media streaming love - that's what we're all about!