Jul. 26, 2013
Under the Dome has become a very popular show and we understand how frustrating it has been for folks to find a way to watch it using PlayOn.
For those with an Amazon Prime subscription, it's easy - All episodes are immediately available as part of the Amazon Prime Instant Streaming Library.
For those without Amazon Prime, the experience has been less than ideal. When browsing to the CBS website and trying to play a full episode of Under the Dome it appears as though you need either an Amazon Prime subscription or Xfinity cable subscription. With the exception of the most recent episode, none of the full episodes are hosted/played on the CBS.com website.
Here's the thing, though...Full episodes of Under the Dome are available free without any kind of subscription...and here are steps you can use to play via PlayOn on your TV and mobile devices.
Before following these steps, be sure you are running the most recent version of PlayOn and that you have installed the PlayMark extension for Internet Explorer.
1. Using IE, browse to the Under the Dome full episodes via CBS.com using this link:
2. Roll your mouse over one of the full episodes and select the Xfinity link (make sure you have pop-up blocking disabled)...don't worry, you won't need to log in.
3. You will see a message indicating the video is rated PG-13 with a prompt to manage parental controls.
4. Ignore that message and just wait a few moments (should be about 30 seconds)
5. An ad will begin to play (in a smaller window). Let the ad finish and wait for the actual episode to start playing.
6. Click the PlayMark button. Crop and size the video as you wish (again waiting for that 1st ad to end and the episode to start so that you are cropping properly). Save the video (or save and send to a compatible device).
You should now be able to play the full episode using PlayOn's PlayMark channel at your TV or mobile device.
Please note - If you have any trouble using the Xfinity link, the AT&T Uverse link works well too (and the instructions are essentially the same)
Jul. 16, 2013
Looking for a way to watch TV on your BlackBerry? We’ve officially partnered with BlackBerry to bring all your favorite TV shows and movies to BlackBerry 10 devices for the first time – and we couldn’t be more excited!
As of today, you can download the PlayOn App from BlackBerry World to your BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 smartphone. With our app, you’ll be able to stream online content to your phone. Choose from more than 60 channels, including Hulu (no Hulu Plus subscription needed), Netflix, HBO GO, CBS, Comedy Central and Redbox. See here for a list of channels we offer.
Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t have it already, download and install the PlayOn software to your PC. It's only $49.99 for a lifetime license – plus we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. It will take just five minutes to set up.
- Download our free PlayOn mobile app, available in BlackBerry World onto your BlackBerry 10 device.
- That's it! Now you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies on your BlackBerry 10 device over Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
For more about our partnership with BlackBerry and what you get with the PlayOn app for BlackBerry 10, head to our PlayOn for BlackBerry page, or take a look at the press release. And remember, your feedback helps us make PlayOn the best it can be, so let us know what you think about our BlackBerry app on Facebook and Twitter, or by email.ShareThis
Jul. 9, 2013
I am not a big blogger. But – launching Aereo is truly giving me something to write about. As a New Yorker myself, I was excited when Aereo launched and started using the service immediately. Bringing the Aereo channel to PlayOn has been one of my pet projects over the last couple of months. Watching TV on my PC has never appealed to me – which is why I originally founded PlayOn. Over the past 5+ years since its launch, we have methodically added over 60 channels to PlayOn, focusing on the content that would enable our users to stop paying outrageous cable bills and start watching what is available online for free, or at a very low fee on the Internet on their TV’s. We also recently launched PlayMark enabling consumers to quickly and easily bookmark virtually any video on the web and add it to their PlayOn TV lineup. We have an active community of 3rd party developers building plugin channels to serve more niche tastes. But, until the launch of Aereo, we have not been able to add local, live sports and news to the lineup. Now we can, and honestly, in the NY and Boston area, I feel like PlayOn is stronger than it’s ever been as a cable replacement. Over the coming months Aereo will be rolling out to even more markets, and PlayOn will be right there with them. Great online, and now live and local TV, at a fraction of the cost of cable.
Aereo becomes the 62nd native channel added to PlayOn – and it warranted a channel page redesign, which you can see here: https://www.playon.tv/content-channels. Of course, you can still add many more channels through the channel plugin developer community. Many are listed here: https://www.playon.tv/channel-store/.
For Aereo subscribers, this simply means that now you can watch Aereo through your PS3, Xbox360, Wii, GoogleTV, or Andriod tablet…5 popular devices that Aereo does not support natively (expanding Aereo availability to a potential of tens of millions of US TVs).
Please note that Aereo does NOT have a business relationship with PlayOn.